Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome Center in N'Djamena

Our team flew in and out of N'Djamena, Chad. This wasn't our original plan, but the first airline stopped working so I'm glad we chose the safer route! The huge blessing in this is that we got to see our missionaries in N'Djamena! There is a Welcome Center that has been built in the last few years, and since my uncle had quite a bit to do with the project, it was especially fun to see in person the thing I had only seen in pictures before!

The best part, though, was reconnecting with old friends!! There are three families living at the Welcome Center right now, and they all happen to be friends of mine. I've decided to make one slide show of just our time there, since families of these missionaries are checking here for pictures of their loved ones. I specifically didn't use any last names in my captions since I realized that I didn't ask them for permission -but I know they want their families to see these fun pictures.

Some of these pictures are from our first night in Africa, and the rest are from our last afternoon there. N'Djamena is located right on the border of Chad and Cameroon, so that last day we planned extra time in case the border crossing took longer, but if I remember right it was only about two hours. This meant we had some fun relaxation time before a wonderful dinner before our night flight back to Paris!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Such fun pics! thanks for posting. Can't wait to talk to you...

Danny and Mandy said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of these pictures! It is so great to see different pics that what my hubby took!