Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Introducing Brent to Fergus Falls

So it's past midnight and I should be either finishing packing or sleeping, but decided that it was much more fun to look at pictures! Actually, I've really wanted to post these, but have been pretty busy the last few days, with working and wrapping things up for my trip to Africa. I can hardly believe the day is now officially here! It seems like just yesterday was springtime and I was making the decision to go...

This past Thursday I had the great joy of going to Fergus Falls! Brent had the idea that since he had a few days off from school for conferences that he wasn't required to attend, we should head to Fergus so he could meet a few of the people I talk about so often! What a lovely idea! He ended up getting to meet quite a few people, and yet there are always more for another time. If we missed you during this trip, know that we'll be back again and would look forward to our visit!

We made a quick stop in Alexandria, just in time for a pirate-sighting. Luckily even with one eye covered with our patches, we were able to stop the pirates from doing any damage...

Here you see some of my favorite kiddos checking out a fun program on the computer.

Brooke and H were able to come by for a visit,
Along with Kevin and E!

Christines's little guy with the big blue eyes...After our time in Fergus, Brent and I got to the Twin Cities so that we could be there for little David's Halloween party while his own parents couldn't be there. As a surprise, Grandma got to come as well!
Tigger enjoying his frosted cookie with the bright orange frosting and black sprinkles (which turned his lips black for a bit!).
This little kid was too cute to not take a picture of!
Some of the teachers and moms/grandmas with the kiddos at the party.
My mom took these next few pictures of Auntie Kari and Tigger.
One of my new favorite pictures. He's just so cute!!
It was so fun to have Brent there with me!
Group shot of all the little kiddos. There were some really great costumes!
It was such a fun few days, showing Brent my hometown, introducing him to friends, and getting to see David all dressed up as Tigger. It's going to be so hard to be gone from him for the next few days/weeks so if you think of saying a quick prayer for us, we'd both appreciate it!

Thanks to all of you that were able to spend time with us, and THANK YOU to Wally and Candis for hosting us in Fergus. Check out their blog for a fun, cozy picture by the fireplace.

I'll miss getting to stay in touch with you while I'm in Africa! Take care!

2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

I pray you have a wonderful trip to Africa! I can't wait to hear (or rather "read") all about it! Wish you were going to be in Seattle longer so we maybe could have seen you.

CJ Olson said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Fergus Falls! I so wish that we still lived there so that we could have been there and seen you guys! Glad that you had fun! I love little David's costume! How stinkin' cute is he with his little Tigger costume! N and D were the same but they all looked totally different! :-)