Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Washington

Puyallup, Washington, here I come!

I have verbally agreed to work at Good Samaratan Hospital in Puyallup, Washington! Yes, I know, that name looks really strange! I've learned it's pronounced like the the thing we sit on at church each week, "pew-al-up". It's a suburb on the southern end of the whole Seattle/Tacoma metropolis. I have a lot of family and friends on the northern end that would've been fun to be closer to, but this was the best fit of actual jobs out of what was available right now.

It's been a busy week with getting my WA state license (still in process), doing interviews, and now all the other paperwork involved with this state and facility. For the WA state license, everything was in line except that they have a specific requirement which means I have to take a 7 hour online course. Being interrupted for about 25 phone calls today means it's taking a while to finish up!

It looks like I'll start in Puyallup in mid-September, so I'll be leaving in just over a week and a half in order to drive, see a few people along the way, and get into my apartment. It seems like these last few weeks have gone really fast and really slow all at the same time, but now it sure feels like there's a lot to do in order to move again! One great thing is that I'll be done mid-December, so at this point I'll plan on being home again for Christmas and then start my next position after the first of the year. Maybe California in January? Anyone want to join me?

That invitation also stands for right now. If you want to visit Seattle, come on over! I'll be working nights, and the job includes every other weekend, but I don't know my specific schedule yet. But, apart from work, I'm there to have fun! I love Seattle, and Washington in general, and hope to really explore and get to see all sorts of things I haven't seen on my many trips there. I'd love the company!

I'd love prayer for all the MANY, MANY details that need to happen in a short period of time. And one selfish prayer request: Puyallup is pretty close to Mount Rainer (maybe 30 miles!), so I'd love a great view from my apartment!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you Kari. Yes, WA is a beautiful state and I am sure you will have a great time. Our prayers are with you. Love, Penny

Ekelund Fam said...

Congratulations Kari! That was fast huh!?! You weren't in the cities a couple months. We will be praying for your transition.

Krista Koljonen said...

That is so exciting, Kari! After our day and visit at the MN State Fair on Monday, I knew it wouldn't be much longer before you heard from a hospital in WA.

Let us know if you'll be traveling through GF on your way out west in September. You can save some money and stay at our place for one of your pit stops. We'd love to see you again.

Can you say Red Rav4? Ooooo...how fun!

Love,
Krista

Anonymous said...

Wow Kari! What a great adventure you are about to embark on! Blessings to you as you prepare for this job and temporary relocation. I'll give you a call, soon!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Yea! It all sounds so exciting and I know that you are going to love your new location (if nothing else, blow up a great pic of Mt Rainer and paste it in the window--you might need that reminder on the rainy days anyway...)!
Enjoy every exciting minute of your travels, new city, new co-workers and new joys and challenges (and oh yes, the new car!) We love you and are cheering and praying for you!

Brooke said...

I"m so glad that you found a spot to enjoy! What a beautiful place to be, and close to family if you need to feel like you need a taste of home! We will miss you, but will be keeping up with you on your blog! We'll be praying that all the details will be worked out!

CJ Olson said...

You are also more than welcomed to stay with us on your travels! Yeah for knowing where you are going now! I'm so excited for you! You'll have a great time moving and getting all set up in WA. We are praying and thinking about you guys!

Kristina said...

Have fun, Kari! Enjoy the Seattle area. I LOVE it out there, too!
-Kris

Anonymous said...

We're excited you're coming our way! I'll let the "family" out here know that you're coming!! We know you have a bunch of other friends here, too. You're welcome to stay at our house anytime!! Love, June and Joel

Leingang Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited you are going to be in our neck of the woods.

I will be praying for your move.

Hope to SEE you soon!

susanke said...

Kari - Congratulations! Just so you know Lan and I live just 17 miles from Good Sam. You are welcome at our house anytime and if you need a place to stay until you get settled in we have two full sized furnished bedrooms and a full bath in our daylight basement along with a family room that only gets used when the family is home. We'd love to have you over any time. Our prayers are with you as you make this transition.