Saturday, August 4, 2007

Life in the Cities

Well, I'm working on getting settled into life here in the Cities. It seems like a long time ago that I left Fergus, but part of that is that I haven't really had too many days just being around Burnsville. Our family had the second of two reunions in Montana, we attended the funeral for my dad's Aunt Lila, who was the last of my Grandma's siblings to pass away, and I've gotten to watch David quite a bit. Yesterday I took both of my parents to the airport at separate times. They are both in Seattle this weekend, my dad for work and my mom for my second-cousin Kent's wedding. Strange that they're both there and they won't even see each other!

This past week I had to do something I was hesitant about. I got a new cell phone. This was a decision that I knew I had to make since I'll be traveling now and need a national carrier. I also thought a local number would be nice for my family. It was hard, though, because my old phone was like an old friend. We shared a relationship for six years, knew each other well, and were really comfortable with one another. It really did everything I need a phone to do!

When I showed the salesman my current phone, he agreed that I probably had the oldest one still operating!

I didn't think I needed all the bells and whistles that are offered these days, but you can't really buy a phone without them now... I ended up with a Samsung Sync, which is supposed to be easy to use. We'll see...

I think I'll learn to like this phone, if I can ever figure it out! It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it's smaller and thinner than my old phone, much easier to carry in my pocket. It has a lot of features that I don't understand, so if you call me and I do something unintentional like cut you off, please forgive me and call back! If I didn't have your email address to email you my new number, please leave me a comment with it. I can even delete the comment right away so your address isn't out there in cyberspace.

Good-bye ol' Nokia. I'll miss you!

~~~~~

The update on my job is that I still don't have one. My current plan is to keep holding out for another two-three weeks for a job in the Twin Cities. If that doesn't happen, I'll go somewhere else first, and those options are wide open, like 20+ jobs in both Seattle and Los Angeles areas, or hundreds of other places. Will you pray for me? Pray that just the right job will open up here, since this is where I'd like to be first. Then, pray that if that doesn't happen, it will be very clear to me what job to take, and when. Thanks for offering up those prayers! I'm still doing okay for now with the money from my house and vacation days at Lake Region that I was able to cash in. By the way, Danny and Mandy Bronson are the people that bought my house, so it's now their house! Many of you have asked which friends bought it, and I didn't really want to post the answer until we closed, in case something fell through! I'm glad to know it's in good hands!

~~~~~

A great thing I've gotten to do is spend some good time with David! Yesterday he and I hung out in the car driving to and from the airport. On Wednesday, I watched him for the whole day and we had a great time together. When he's here, though, I spend all my time with him and don't to other things. I don't know how mom's get anything done!! Here's a picture of him trying rice cereal. He's only started eating it this week, and I'm not too sure how much he's actually eaten. Much of it ends up on his chin!





He sure is cute, isn't he?! I'm sure I've said that a zillion times by now, but it's hard not to always be cuddling him or giving him kisses. He's just so adorable!! I love that he smiles big when he sees me, and he's got a great giggle!

That's it for now, enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Leingang Family said...

It's so funny that you were sad to give up your old phone and I can't wait to give up my old phone. And it's only 2 years old. :o)

Your nephew is really cute. No wonder you would like to stay close to the Cities for a bit. I will be praying for wisdom for you and direction in where He wants you to be.

Brooke said...

It's great to hear how things are going! I can hardly tell that you are enjoying your nephew though! He reminds me of Harrison - healthy! Thanks for the updated info!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M and B said...

Enjoy the new phone and hope the work situation straightens out soon.

Could you change the link to our site to "M&B Erickson?" Thanks

Jim and Marilyn said...

I don't know if I'll be able to recognize you in the crowd without your old phone, Kari!
Hey it is good to hear that you are settled and enjoying family time (esp David) there in the cities. We'll continue to pray about the job situation.