Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And the Verdict Is...

Utah's a great state! I've driven through Utah quite a few times in the past, but it turns out that seeing it in the middle of the night (on the way from AZ to MT -trying to arrive at the right time) means we really missed out on some great stuff! And two summers ago I drove across the northern portion with a friend. But WOW, the southern half is really pretty interesting!

Today I went to Bryce Canyon again before leaving that area, then drove north on 89 and met up with I-70 heading east to the exit for Arches National Park. I'm happy to report that my long boring drive, actually turned out to be a pretty nice drive! There were some beautiful mountains along the way, and I don't know their elevations, but they were REALLY high!

I then made it to Arches, which is a wonderful national park! I sure wish I had more time there!

I just told someone that I was going right to bed -without blogging -but I wanted to look at my pictures quick. Well, I thought there were a few you should see, and I'll get the rest up later sometime!

Bryce Canyon in the morning light.
At Arches National Park -this is called Windows.
Standing under Windows.
This is called Double Arch. The two arches are connected at one end. It was really cool to stand underneath them!
This is Delicate Arch -the most famous arch in the world. It was pretty amazing!

It was a real cloudy day but I could see the clouds wanted to go away and let the sun shine through. I ended up waiting, well, quite a while for the sun to set. I'm so glad I did! It was definitely worth it! And, I got to spend some wonderful time with the Lord trying to sort a few things out.

It was such a wonderful day, I'm so thankful I got to do all that I did! I have quite a few more pictures to show you, but they'll have to wait until later. I really need to sleep!

Tomorrow I'm going to finally meet my recruiter (I'm really looking forward to seeing her face to face after all our many, many telephone conversations!) but other than that, now it's just driving, driving, and more driving until I get home. No more fun, just driving... Oh yeah, and either listening to my "Learn French" CD's or the audiobook I got for this trip. By the way, thanks to your suggestions from my last cross-country trip, I got Ted Dekker's book "Black", which is the first in a trilogy. I have to say, I'm only about 30 minutes into it (and it's non-abridged) but I'm not so sure what I think yet. All you fans out there, I'm going to like it, right? And it'll start making more sense soon?

7 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Awesome...we can hardly wait to see the rest of the pics! Have a great day of travel tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

yeah...i did it! im glad you are having fun going home! -kyla

doug&margarethe said...

God's amazing and unique creations! Glad you got to see these national parks. Waiting for the rest of the photos but hope you got some good sleep to help you get home!

Candis Berge said...

nice pictures!

Krista Koljonen said...

Utah is a pretty cool state...I must agree. Jed and I like it a lot too, especially Zion. Zion NP is the park where we explore all of the pretty canyons (usually in June).

I'm so excited that you are listening to Black. I hope you like it as much as I did. The symbolism and humor are great. My sisters were hooked after I bought them the trilogy for gifts. They've even read them twice now and enjoyed them again the second time. It will be interesting to see what your verdict is...

Stacy said...

Hi Kari,
Glad your travels are going well. The pics are gorgeous. Glad you will be back in the midwest soon so all your WI FSH friends can get together!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

These pictures are incredible!!! Definitely worth the time, I would say!