Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Presents

Here is a picture of Julie cuddling with a blanket I made for her, well, for the new baby. It's the softest material ever! It's the kind that is so soft you can't really stop touching it! I'm determined that this will become the favorite "blankie"!!



Since September, I have been very anxious to give my mom this present! Every time she's at her cousin Penny's house, she comes back and talks on and on and on about the "Tree Poem" that Penny has a print of. She has looked for this print, wanted this print, and talked about this print more than anything else I can remember she's wanted. Well, thanks to the magical world of Ebay, I found it! I fought for a bid in September, and won! I have been especially proud of the fact that I didn't give it to her earlier than now, and that I never hinted at what I found for her. The tears in her eyes were worth it all!!


My parents gave Julie and David a new stroller, very lightweight, swivel wheels, and a lovely toile print that David even said he didn't mind too much. It has an adjustable handle so my tall Dad and short Mom will both be able to use it to take the baby for walks. As my Dad and David were assembling the stroller, I had visions of the next ten years of Christmases that will include lots of assembly of different toys, etc. We haven't had that for a while in our grownup Christmas celebrations!

It seems strange to be done with the main Christmas celebration since I was out at some stores today and they are busy with last-minute shoppers. It's nice to be able to relax now and think about the true meaning for this season. The gift of Jesus Christ truly is the best gift of all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun to get a peek at your Christmas celebration. The blanket you made is absolutely adorable! Eric & I will be in Fergus Dec. 26 or 27 until Jan. 1. I'll try giving you a call sometime to see if you're around--it's been far too long since we've chatted!

Anonymous said...

That blanket is so cute! Is it made of Minky Binky? I love that stuff! Your sister looks so cute! Does she know if it is a boy or a girl yet? Glad you had a Merry (early) Christmas!
Carrie

Brooke said...

I made 2 blankets with the same fabric for my cousin's kids! It isn't minky, but it is softer!!! I almost kept them for myself, he he! I'm looking forward to see what we have to put together for Harrison! Hope you will have a good work night for the holiday!