Sunday, December 3, 2006

My Big Announcement

Well, I thought I'd take a minute, now that I'm officially blogging, to announce the news in my life. Isn't that what blogging is for? Here it is: I have decided to move to the Twin Cities! I've been thinking about this for a little while, but have been making it public knowledge this past week. My plan is to move there in the late spring or early summer, or whenever it works out as far as selling and buying a home is concerned.

I'll be based out of the Twin Cities to start a new position as a travelling nurse. There are lots of travelling nurse companies that contract with hospitals all over the country to fill a position for a certain length of time. My plan is to work in the Cities for a few months in a row, then go somewhere else for a while, then come back again for a while. With Julie having a baby I don't want to miss out on too much of that!

I sure will miss Fergus, along with my home, job, and church, but am also looking forward to the next chapter of my life. Being able to gain experience all over the country, along with probably paying off my school loans a little faster, both seem like great reasons to do this! And, I love to travel! I'm looking forward to being in places for a few weeks/months at a time, and not just the quick weekend trips that are more normal -and lacking for me right now!

So there you have it, the news that you'll probably be reading more about as this blog continues! Keep watching for updates!

7 comments:

Pevestorf's said...

Hi Kari - We are so excited that you're moving down here! Keep us updated on your move!

Anonymous said...

Kari glad that you made your announcement!! So sad that you are leaving an area that I can get to easily but I'm glad that you'll be doing something that you've always wanted to do! That SWEET!! Hope that you are well!

Jamie and Krista said...

Sounds very exciting Kari! Just make sure your first trip is to California so we can go to Disneyland! =)

-Krista Erickson

Anonymous said...

KARI!! I'm excitied to keep up on your blog. Also I'm very excitied to have you in the cities.
Heidi

Andrea said...

Kari! Congrats on the big decision! There's so much fun stuff to do in the cities. We're only a little over an hour away so we get there often. Hopefully we will see you from time to time!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! What an exciting opportunity! I hope you get a job out here so we can see you.
Carrie

Sara said...

Don't forget to stop by and visit! You are always welcome at COJ as well.