Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I trust that you've had a great holiday season, both with Christmas and New Year's now having passed by. It's hard to believe that it's 2007 already! I used to think it was silly how older people would say things like "every year goes by quicker and quicker". Well, it's true! It can't be that I'm getting older, it must be that time is just flying right by!!


The tree will need to come down this week, but here's what graced my living room these last few weeks. I'll miss not having a beautiful tree by the big picture window!

It was fun to be able to celebrate Christmas in Minneapolis with my family (see previous posts!). Then my parent's felt bad that I needed to work over Christmas and would be here alone so they came up to keep me company. I also realized that they didn't want to be alone either, and I think they had a great time being here! My mom thought it might get a little boring, with me at work, but they ended up hosting people at my house -without me there! I don't think they were bored at all! Then, on New Year's Eve I had my sixth annual New Year's Eve party. It was a lot more low-key than some years, and honestly quite a bit of fun! We were able to play games and have great conversation with everyone. The last people were successful with a standard Minnesota good-bye, lasting a long time, and left at 1:45am! It really was fun!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

We missed being at your house this year! Hey, beautiful tree you had again, and I love seeing the snow thru the window...I miss you. Marilyn

Anonymous said...

We took down our decorations on the 2nd and now our house looks kind sad and naked. :o( Your tree is so pretty. Glad you had such a fun New Year's.

Carrie