Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!


I pretty much have the best dad in the world. I know there's no official poll with those results, but, well, it's hard to dispute. He's just the best! He is loving, kind, considerate, able to stay calm in any circumstance, incredibly smart, willing to help ANYONE, and has a great sense of humor that sneaks up on you! He's also able to do anything -whether it's building a TV cabinet, re-wiring my office, installing a wall heater, helping with finances, or doing yard work. He's a jack-of-all-trades! I don't think there's anything I've asked for help with that he hasn't been able to do!

One of my favorite things, that I know will especially come in handy after I move to the Cities, is his ability to give directions from point A to point B without looking at a map. I can be anywhere in the cities (even on some unknown side-street), give my dad a call and tell him where I want to go, and he can get me there while giving tidbits of all the things I'm passing along the way!

It's my dad's birthday today, so I thought I'd use this public format to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! You're the best!! If you know my dad's email address, send him a happy birthday message! Or, leave a comment here and I'll pass it on to him.

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

You are 100% right Kari Joy! Your dad is the best and we are certainly happy to have him as a great brother-in-law! Happy Birthday Doug!

CJ Olson said...

Ohhh....Happy birthday to Kari's Dad!!