Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twins vs. Angels

On Sunday I was able to support the Minnesota Twins at Anaheim Stadium as they played the Angels! It was so much fun to hang out with all of my family that's here in town, and it was the last day we'd be all together before I leave this weekend. The stadium is pretty interesting, with these huge baseball caps outside the main entrance.

Here are quite a few pictures for my little buddy, E, who absolutely loves Joe Mauer. Enjoy these pictures, E!! Joe did a great job in the game -you would've been proud. The Twins were ahead for much of the game, but did end up losing in the end. Bummer....

The stadium wasn't quite full, but there were 40,000 people there. We felt a little out of place not cheering for the Angels, but since the woman behind us was also cheering for the Twins, and even louder than we were, we figured she'd be the one hit if anything was thrown! :) The truth is, nobody really even gave us a nasty look for cheering on the Twins.

Here's Joe up to bat.

This little girl was so adorable, and loved smiling at us and watching what was going on. She's super cute!

We had great seats, in the shade, right across from the main scoreboard, not too far behind home plate. They were high up, but totally okay.

The best part was getting to hang out with family one last time! I am going to miss them all SOOOOOO much! I can't really even express how great it's been to be here with them all summer long -just exactly what I needed this summer!






The whole gang -all decked out in our Twins gear! We looked a little lost in the sea of red, but that's okay!
Jim and Marilyn have been so wonderful to me, and are two of the most important people to me. I'm going to miss them incredibly! THANK YOU for the huge blessing you are to me!

After the game, we (almost) all went back to Jim and Marilyn's for food, fun, a little nap (I had woken up in the middle of my night to go watch the Twins!), great fellowship, and the Olympics closing ceremony. You can see more pictures on Marilyn's blog.

I'm so glad it worked for all of us to be together again -thanks again for the fun day!

2 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Fun to attend a baseball game!..a great summer event! Even better when able to enjoy it with family and friends! It's that fellowship part..I think!

Jim and Marilyn said...

thanks for organizing the event, Kari! You know that we are going to miss you super much, but we look forward to your return visit=)