Friday, August 8, 2008

Great Olympic Moments

It's here! It's just after midnight on 08/08/08 -the opening day to the 2008 Olympics! Yippee!! I'm a big fan of the Olympics -you know, where amazing athletes with incredible talent from all over the world get together in one place and compete for the Gold Medal. I think it's something that helps our world seem a little smaller, and it's so fun to cheer for both the favorite and the underdog. The big-team, big-name athlete and the smaller-team, unheard-of name from a forgotten country.

There are some great Olympic moments from the past, and I found a few videos on You Tube to remind us of those unforgettable moments. Some are pretty old, others more recent. Sorry the picture quality isn't always the best, but hopefully it will inspire you to watch the games this year!

I could say a little about each video (like how I secretly wanted to be Mary Lou Retton when I was a kid. I remember her Gold Medal win that I watched while at our friends cabin on Pickeral Lake and I can picture exactly where I was sitting and what her routine was like) but since a picture is worth 1000 words, I'll just let the videos speak for themselves!























Do you have a favorite Olympic memory? There's always something pretty amazing and unexpected that happens. Watch this year's Olympic Games to see what will happen!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Didn't everyone, OK, every little GIRL, want to be Mary Lou Retton??

Jim and Marilyn said...

Great videos...great memories! I cried the first time I saw Keri Strug's amazing vaults, I did again today! Yes, the Olympic games are awesome! Thanks for posting.

Leingang Family said...

Mary Lou was great! Well, except for the hair. :o)

I normally don't miss tv, but I do now. :o(