Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend at Home

Another weekend off, another weekend at my parents...

I left Friday morning, just after work, to drive to the Cities. The night before, I had a fun email from June out in WA talking about the green grass and the fact that her crocuses were starting to grow. I have to admit, I was a little jealous! We still have LOTS of snow here and it's just been so cold. I snapped this picture as I was packing up to show just how much of the white stuff is around, but I know it's a little hard to tell because there is so much of it! The snow is about at knee level, except where the plows have made the pile higher.

On my way home, I realized that my car would hit the 10,000 mile mark. Since I've only ever owned cars that reach the 100,000 (or MANY more!) mile mark, I thought I'd capture the moment. Well, it turns out I was really into singing Matthew West's song "You Are Everything" which is one of my current favorite songs on the radio. Then, right after that finished, Casting Crown's "Lifesong" came on, and I consider that one of my "lifesongs" so of course needed to sing loudly again... All of a sudden I looked down and realized 10 miles had gone by since the BIG number, so here's what I got instead: [You can see we finally warmed up to 19 degrees. Almost a heat wave! And I took the picture while moving, for my cousin Tim. Trust me, it was a safe situation! :)]

Random question, does anyone know what these are? (click on the picture to see them better)
They're located on County Road 46 (which turns out to be faster than 42) just south of Rosemount. I drive by them each time I head home and have been wondering... Thanks for any insight you can offer! :)

Julie and David came over on Saturday morning while Daddy David rested up (he's been feeling sick). Little David had a great time playing on Grandma and Grandpa's new bed.

He also loves playing on Grandpa!

For those of you who know my parent's house, you might recognize that something's different? Yes, after 27+ years, my parents changed their bedroom! They finally got new carpet (the salesman couldn't believe they had the old stuff for that long -my dad takes care of his stuff!) for both their room and the hallway/stairs. They also moved the furniture around to face the other direction. I'm going to help them build a headboard once we decide what will look best. Watching all those HGTV shows will come in handy!


Jill came to town for the weekend so it was fun to hang out with her! I hadn't seen her since her trip to visit me in Seattle over Thanksgiving. It was great to introduce her to David, and we had a fun day together. We went to a movie (I don't think I've been in a theater in almost a year!) and did a little shopping. Thanks for coming to visit!

Saturday night we all watched the movie "Miracle" (one of my favorites!) and I headed to bed early since my sleep had been pretty messed up all weekend. It was great to be at Oak Hill on Sunday morning, heard a message that was exactly what I had been talking about all week with a friend, chatted with lots of fun friends, and met up with my family for lunch. After getting my stuff packed up, I headed back to La Crosse so I'd have the day around here to do a few things. That's for the next post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's an interesting and historical explanation for the T walls.

http://www.kare11.com/news/investigative/extras/wondering_article.aspx?storyid=127669

Copy and paste if the link doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

Will try again. You'll have to type in the link.

http://www.kare11.com/
news/
investigative/
extras/
wondering_article.aspx?storyid=127669

Kari, RN said...

Thanks, anonymous, that's pretty interesting!