Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pike Place Market

I finally got to Pike Place Market! This is one of my favorite places in Seattle, a place I always make sure to visit while I'm in town. It's hard to believe it took me 3 1/2 weeks to get there! I met up with June (my mom's cousin) and we walked around, saw the fish-throwers, looked at all the great little shops, and had Fish and Chips at the restaurant that's in "Sleepless in Seattle". It's the restaurant I usually try to eat in (if I'm not going to Ivar's on the waterfront) because it's good food, and I like Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan! It's the place where Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner sat and discussed Tom's love life. While walking around, I also decided to buy two watercolor prints that I REALLY enjoy, a slab of salmon to cook up at home, and a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers that only cost $5.00! I love farmer's markets, and especially all the great colors from the fruit/veggie stands, and the flower stands.


This is a picture that's often turned into a postcard, but usually when there's more flowers out at that particular stand.


On my way home, I got to see an ENTIRE rainbow, but in the short time it took to whip out my camera, a cloud covered part of it. I also realized that it became a double-rainbow, but couldn't get a good picture of that. Thanks, God, for keeping your promise to us all these years!!

5 comments:

Candis Berge said...

Hi Kari, thanks for the frequent updates. I love your blog.

I went to Ivar's in 1969 on a trip after I graduated from college! (I am giving away my age almost!)

Great pictures, as always.

timmyjimi said...

Looking forward to visiting the market while I'm out there next week. What does your schedule look like? I'll be in town Oct. 21-29.

CJ Olson said...

Ohhh....it looks like you are having SO much fun out there!! :-) I wish that I could go out there because it looks so pretty!! I love the rainbow!

Ekelund Fam said...

Nice product placement in your postcard shot. Go UPS! :)

Andrea said...

Hey Kari! I love Pike Place Market too. I haven't been there in forever. Did you know that the employees of the place have a motivational video?? I saw it when I taught at Detroit Lakes.