Monday, October 15, 2007

Olympic National Park -Lake Quinault (Day 3)

Wednesday morning, the 10th, I awoke ready for a new day, but sad that it was my last at Olympic National Park. It had been such a great vacation, that it was hard to leave! One great thing is how close it is to Puyallup, so I'm hoping to get back there again.

I did a last little walk on the beach before I left Kalaloch. Then I drove to Lake Quinault and had a wonderful lunch overlooking the lake. It was beautiful, and very calm and serene. After hiking along the lake for a little while, I left for home. I knew people said it wasn't far, but I didn't really know what to expect. Well, it only took 2 1/2 hours to get home, and that was with some traffic by Olympia. Looks like I'm close enough to go back sometime!

No comments: