Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pacific Northwest Women's Retreat

I was so blessed this weekend! I got to enjoy attending the CLB Pacific Northwest Women's Retreat, and had a wonderful time! God used this time to really speak to me where I'm at, and I feel like the speaker, Carly, was talking just to me. I heard a few other women say that as well, and I love it when God does that!

It was also really fun to see some friends who attended. I'm fortunate to know quite a few people in the WA/OR area, and many of them were able to be there, or had mom's who were at the retreat. It was really fun to talk with a few people who read this blog regularly (you know who you are!!) and I'm looking forward to spending more time with them during these next few months!

On Saturday evening, we were blessed to have a former missionary to Japan update us on some of our current missionaries in both Asia and Africa. She read some letters that the missionary wives had written, that were really from their heart -talking about struggles and praises, and keeping the faith in the midst of all that. I've gotten to hear many missionary talks over the years, and I have to say I was especially blessed on Saturday night. Well, just as she was finishing up, the bagpipe group that was also at the retreat center serenaded us with some incredible music! We knew that they were at the same place, but we really hadn't heard them at all yet. Well, they marched around and came to our meeting room at the EXACT right time and played "Amazing Grace" for us. It was so fitting! I quick grabbed my camera and took the following video. I didn't realize until after I started it, that I couldn't zoom in while I was recording. Sorry about that. The video is about two minutes long. It took a REALLY long time to upload, but I'm hoping that it's because of this hotel's internet access speed, and that you won't have any problems. If so, I might not be able to correct it for a few days, so bear with me!



When they finished playing, we all felt like it was a special gift from God, at just the right time. Thanks, God!

On Saturday afternoon there was some free time, so June and I went into Poulsbo for a few hours. Very fun! When I left MN, I wasn't sure if I'd find other Norwegians except family, but this is a cute little Scandanavian town, so I felt right at home. In fact, in a few different stores, I felt like I was wandering around the Nordic Galleri. Someone in Fergus please tell Arne that!

Thanks to those of you that suggested I attend the retreat this weekend, I'm SO glad I did!

4 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Agghhhh! That video FINALLY uploaded, and it showed up just fine when I previewed the message, but now I don't see it on the actual post. Can anyone else? I'm not just sure what to do to fix it, so..... we'll see what I can come up with.

Hmmmmm.......

Anonymous said...

Nope, I couldn't see the video either. So sorry and I have no suggestions as to what to do!! But we did have a great weekend. Thanks for being my roomie!! The speaker, Carley, was just right for us.
June

doug&margarethe said...

Sounds like a very special retreat! God is always so good to meet each of us just where we each are at encouraging and teaching us more of Himself and how much He loves and cares for us. PTL! Glad you could attend. Sorry I couldn't see the video either..it came up blank. Take care, love, Mom

Leingang Family said...

No, I couldn't get it to go either. Try again when you get home. Or try YouTube. But it does take a really long time even with a high speed connection.

I am so glad you came! Enjoy the rest of your trip. It looks beautiful!