Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Swimming Lesson

Today was going to be a packing day for me. I needed to figure out just what clothes to bring along for three months in Puyallup, which turned out to be harder than I thought. I don't really know all of what I'd like to do outside of work to know what kinds of clothes to bring along, and it looks like it's warmer now and winter when I leave so a variety of temperatures. If any of you Washington friends have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them!

Well, I took breaks from packing all throughout the day because David was here, and I was in charge at different times. Once Julie got off work, I decided to go with her because it was David's first swimming lesson! Julie signed him up for lessons on Wednesday nights for the next 12 weeks. He wasn't able to tell us anything (no words just yet!), but it looked like he was enjoying himself! I decided to go for a few minutes to see what it was all about, and snap a few pictures. Enjoy!

Looking good in his swim trunks and warm-up jacket!


I know he's not smiling in this picture, but he did have some good smiles while swimming along! He also loved being around some other little buddies. Some of the parents knew each other from their birthing class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Layers is the word for Western Wash all year around!! The later days of Nov and Dec we can get storms,but most of the time then it's in the 40's and 50's. We usually have okay weather for Sept and Oct, but we'll probably have more cloudy days than you're used to!! Remember most of the Midwest and East get far more moisture in a year than we do. Ours just comes in "spits" or "liquid sunshine". We just get more moisture in a year than the West. See you next week!! June