Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Puyallup Apartment

Here are a few pictures of my apartment. The apartment is about three years old, and in good condition. They had obviously done a great job cleaning, and the carpets had just been steam-cleaned. The only thing I wish was different is the fact that there isn't good sound-proofing. I can hear my neighbors, not just a little, but actually quite a bit. I'm sure as the days go on I'll get used to it, and I think I'll keep the bathroom fan running while I sleep, which will offer some good white noise.

Here you can see my front door, and as you walk in the door and turn right, there's the living room. Yes, those are rabbit ears on my TV (loaned from my dad). I'm trying to save money by not getting cable. I have 7 stations, only three that you can make out the blurry picture, so we'll see how long that lasts.
The couch and chair, coffee table, TV stand, and end tables and lamps were all rented for me by my company. There is also a dining room table and chairs, and a bed, dresser, nightstand and lamp for the bedroom.
The kitchen wall that has the sink on it is the wall that is directly behind the TV. I'm standing at the fireplace to take the picture of the kitchen wall with the stove on it.

The bathroom is really rather large. I'm standing at the doorway, and just this side of the shower is where the sink area is.


My bedroom isn't quite ready for a picture yet, but I'll do that soon!

The apartment complex also has a pool and hottub (both outdoors, but the hottub is covered by a shelter) and a good fitness room. I used the fitness room today and was alone there, so I hope to make good use of that during my stay here.

Let me know when you want to come visit!

8 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Dad told me you had photos of your apt on this blog! Thank you. It looks nice. Noticed there are photos on your fridge! David D??, family and friends?? I hope you can feel at home in your apt even though it seems the layout is typical for apt...you 'll make it homey! I hope the 'white noise' helps so you can sleep when needed. Does your living room window look out to the pool area? Do you have a patio? Thanks for the photos. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over for some tea or coffee and maybe some lefse? Oh, we can make some. Come for Thanksgiving and we'll make Fri. after TD. a lefse making day. Remember the fun we had doing that? Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very nice apartment. I'm impressed! I hope you can feel at home there for the next 3 months. A cup of hot chocolate and sitting in a chair at your dining table sounds lovely right now. Miss you!

Alison said...

Thanks for the great pictures and explanation! I am sure you will be comfortable there. It always takes a few nights to adjust to the new surroundings! Enjoy your time in Washington to the FULLEST!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! I'm so glad to be able to visualize where you are. It looks really nice! Are you finding that you brought most everything that you need? I wish I could just pop over and spend the evening with you. Maybe watch Emma or make a cheesecake?? :)

Candis Berge said...

Isn't this just the greatest thing? This blogging - we can see your apartment and keep track of the day to day activities of your life! I love it. Thanks for the pictures and tour. I look forward to the rest of the tour... :)

Henrik and Carrie said...

I'll take you up on the visit!! Oh wait, I think I'll have to take a rain check for now. Sure would love to have a girls weekend with you!!

Maybe next summer I could visit you wherever you've landed!

Brooke said...

Thanks for showing pics of your place! I'm such a visual person that it helps me know where you are - exactly! Hope you are enjoying Washington!