Monday, September 17, 2007

Ready To Go

Well, I'm all packed up and ready to go! I just need to clean up my room a bit so I can feel good about leaving it for three months, and then hit the sack for my early morning departure. I'll be going just over 700 miles tomorrow and stay for two nights with a friend in Wyoming. Then, on Thursday morning I'll leave her and drive just under 800 miles to stay with a friend in Spokane. Then, on Friday I'll only need to drive about 300 miles to stay with family in Everett, WA. On Saturday morning I'll drive south about an hour and move into my apartment and get all settled in! I'll be sure to post pictures of what my apartment looks like.

If you're looking for something to do on either Tuesday or Thursday, give me a call! I'll be driving along and probably a little bored... you know, except for the whole driving part! And Uncle Gary, I got a bluetooth headset so I won't need to hold onto my phone while I'm driving -should be much safer!

Here's my car, packed to the brim!



We just ate dinner as a family, and finally remembered to take a picture of all of us. Since this is the one and only full family picture we've even taken since David was born, I can imagine you might see it show up on Christmas letters, etc. With tears streaming down my face, I said goodbye to David and his parents. I can't believe I don't get to see him again until Christmas!!!! My mom and David and Julie have promised to update their blogs for me, so we'll have to watch for those updates together and see how he's growing!

I'll talk with you later, from Washington!

6 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

I really like your car! It rides great and the color...Wow!! Enjoy! (I enjoyed my little red car in bye gone days.) It's been great having you live near us these past few years but guess as family we have to let you go be the "travel nurse" for now knowing God has also led you in this new 'adventure'. We know you'll come back home whenever you can because of David D! We will miss you! We love you and pray you have a safe trip plus good adjustments to all your new situations for living and working. Keep smiling for Jesus! Love and prayers, MOM

Ross & Beth said...

Hi Kari,
My name is Beth (Turner) Bichel and I graduated from HLA in 1997. I also went to school with Julie. I just read your blog that I found through Shannon E. I noticed you are moving to the great PNW. You are brave, what a culture shock. I live in Marysville which you may know is right next to Everett. Just wanted you to know if you need anything, you can call anytime. I married Ross Bichel. You may know Cade or Jamie Bichel. Ross is there little brother. Anyways, good luck. Beth
360-651-5492
airbichel@yahoo.com

Leingang Family said...

Hope you have a great trip out here. We will be praying for you. We are looking forward to seeing you (hopefully soon). We have lots of room if you ever need and "vacation" and a place to stay.

Jim and Marilyn said...

Nice wheels! We'll be praying for safety all the way west. God's speed and lots of blessings along the way!

Candis Berge said...

Oh Kari, I can't wait for the next post where you tell us how your trip went and you post pictures of your new digs.

You will do great, I have no doubt whatsoever!

Kari Hantho said...

Wow Kari, this is soo cool. I am so excited for you. I will pray for you as you travel. Enjoy your time out there. You are going to do great and the Lord will guide you every step you take. Just trust him.
Can't wait to see new pictures.
Love, Kari