Saturday, September 8, 2007

David at 6 months

David turned 6 months old today. Hard to believe how fast this time has gone! It seems like just yesterday that I was typing entries from Julie's hospital room when he was born. I can't imagine how fast the next months and years will fly by!

On Wednesday my mom and I took him to get pictures taken at JC Penny's. They don't come back until next week sometime, but here he is at the end of the long day!
He was such a trooper, and did really well for the photographer! In fact, the hardest part was limiting ourselves to which pictures we wanted, since they all turned out so well!

Yesterday his parents took him to Chuck E. Cheese (which might have been more for their enjoyment than his!) and my mom and dad and I met up with them there. David and I decided to get our picture taken at a sketch machine. I think it turned out pretty well! I know it's a little fuzzy, but that's because it was scanned in. The original is great, and will be taped to my mirror in Washington!

He also had a fun time hanging out with Grandpa, just relaxing!


Today I decided that I just wanted to spend time with him, doing well.... really anything! I can't believe I have to leave him in a week, and want as much time with him as possible. I had some errands to do, so I picked him up so we could hang out together. Now I know it could look like he was bored on my errands, but I like to think he was just so content that it was easy to drift off! He looked SO cozy that I couldn't resist the picture!

Before I leave for WA, I wanted to be sure and get to one of my favorite restaurants ever, Cossetta's in St. Paul. It's this GREAT pizza place on West 7th that is very authentic Italian, and has an Italian Market as well as great food. My parents decided to meet up with David and I and we all headed to Cossetta's. Mmmm.... I'm not sure if he had ever been there before, but after his long nap and a bottle, he was ready to have fun and smile at everyone that walked by. They all loved him! It was a great end to a great day with my little buddy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, DD is so adorable. I can hardly wait until I can see him and hug him too. What a fun auntie he has. Love, Penny

doug&margarethe said...

We've enjoyed great times with David D this week! This next stage in his life could prove to be quite active!!...I know these "nap" photos don't look like it but when he is awake there is action! He likes to jump in his jumper/saucer at home and on our laps, is sitting up quite well now, plus he enjoys 'playing' on the floor with his toys...even if many go straight to his mouth. Grandma sure loves him! Grandpa is enjoying time with him too!

Brooke said...

DD is so cute! What a honey! I'm sure you will miss him terribly while you're gone. You will surely see some growth when you return!

I had to groan to myself a little when I read COSETTA'S!!!!! Can you box some up and send it to me? SO GOOD!!! You lucky girl!

Andrea said...

Wow - 6 months went fast. Life just never slows down...
I changed our blog address and if you would update your links that would be very helpful. The address is thebergebunch.blogspot.com
Thanks! Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari! I need to call you and catch up soon! I know you're busy packing but I wanted to say I'm praying for you and I will miss you...thinking of you being so far away!! We'll talk more soon... Love the pics of your adorable little nephew...

Jenn

Leingang Family said...

I can't believe it has been 6 months since he was born! I am glad you got to spend the day with him before you leave for WA.