Friday, February 9, 2007

Traveling Nurse update

Here's the latest update with my new life-changes. I have done LOTS of research with multiple companies, and have decided to go with Medical Express for my traveling nurse company. It's nice to have that decision made! I feel like I have a good connection with my recruiter, and it turns out that's pretty important. She'll be the one working hard to find me just the right job, and she'll be very helpful with all the other arrangements: housing, licensure, moving, etc. Medical Express provides free, private housing on each assignment, and will pay a housing stipend if I stay with family or friends. There are also lots of other good benefits they provide, so I feel pretty confident about my decision. You can check out their website at www.medicalexpress.com for more info.


The other update is that there's a couple that is considering buying my house. They are spending some time now praying about the decision, and I appreciate that they want to follow the Lord's leading with all this. I'm trusting that just the right thing will work out. If they don't decide to buy it, then I'll be contacting a realtor within the next few weeks.

At this time, I'm planning on staying here through mid-July. This will allow me to attend the Sunwall family reunion the end of June, using my current vacation days. Then, I'll leave Fergus mid to late July and be able to attend the Erickson family reunion the end of July. Then, I'll start with a new job just afterwards. It's amazing to see how the Lord is really working everything out!

4 comments:

Jamie and Krista said...

Sounds exciting! I'm happy that everything is working out! How is Julie? It's getting closer!

The Erickson reunion will be fun. I've see pictures! TONS of people!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Yeah Kari! I can hardly wait until you come our way! It is so fun to hear of how the Lord continues to open doors for you on this new adventure. Blessings!

Sara said...

Congrats Kari. Sounds like a great opportunity.

Anonymous said...

We've been praying Kari! We are glad that God has pointed you in the right direction...but we hope not too far away for too long! We are blessed to have you in our lives and our kids' lives. (Fun to look at those pictures!) You are a blessing to so many people! Love ya!