Friday, February 9, 2007

Church Basement Ladies

Tonight I was lucky enough to attend one of the funniest shows I've seen, "The Church Basement Ladies". The show was hilarious!!! It's a musical about four women in the basement kitchen at their church, and the pastor that keeps coming into their terrain to visit. The show reminded me a lot of women at the church where I grew up, and also made me think of some of the conversations we have on Tuesday mornings at quilting. If you ever get the chance to see it, DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!

They hit on all the important subjects like lefse and lutefisk -which by the way, they said is the Norwegian version of the 5 loaves and 2 fish story in the Bible. Now I've never tried lutefisk, but I can definitely proclaim my love of lefse. They also reminded us that everything tastes better with butter. They talked about the fact that standard funeral food includes hot dishes, not casseroles, and don't forget the bars! They appropriately ended every important conversation with "this is most certainly true"!

Has anyone else seen this show? I've love to hear your comments on it!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Now I remember that that was one of the events in the concert series for FF this year. I regret having to miss it! Enjoy the good things that you have going there in FF...you won't find that same inexpensive entertainment out in the rest of the world!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari Joy -- I work for the theater company that is the producer of Church Basement Ladies. We are SOOOOO glad you liked it. Please spread the word to all your southern friends that Church Basement Ladies will be opening at the Tn Performing Arts Center in Nashville, TN April 19th for a 6 month run. We are hoping for the success that it has experienced in other markets and depend on word of mouth by friends like YOU! Thanks again! www.cbl-nashville.come