Saturday, February 24, 2007

Basketball Belly


Here's a picture from today. Our whole family spent the day together, in between dropping off my car to get my transmission fluid changed, and shoveling some of the many inches of snow the Twin Cities is getting. I think my Dad has tried to attack the snow three or four times today, to stay on top of it, and it still hardly looks like it's been shoveled!

Anyway, it was GREAT to see Julie again, and she sure has grown since I last saw her in December! The amazing thing is that she really does just have the basketball belly, and from behind doesn't look pregnant at all! Her belly is a little lopsided, with the baby favoring one side or the other. Since it's pretty active, it keeps changing sides! She had two more contractions tonight, but we're still all trying to tell ourselves that it won't be happening this weekend so we won't be disappointed if it's a few more days! Her due date is Saturday, so we know it could be anytime, but also that most first-time babies aren't early.

Thanks for praying for her as it's getting close, and for a healthy baby and delivery!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It is so special that you have a sister to share this with! You will enjoy this neice/nephew so much when she/he arrives!

Henrik and Carrie said...

We'll be waiting to hear the news! Blessings to you!

CJ Olson said...

I'm waiting for the news of what your sister had! Hoping you can make it down there for the birth! She looks so cute! :-) Good luck and I'll see you later!

Erika said...

I am excited to see the update when this baby arrives. Please greet Julie when you see her. I will keep checking back for updates.