Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Getty Center

On Tuesday I had the enjoyment of going to the Getty Center. It's a free museum in Los Angeles that's pretty incredible. You pay $8 for parking, take a little tram up the hill, and arrive at a place where you'll want to have quite a few hours set aside to enjoy the beautiful scenery either in the garden or hanging on the museum walls!

There were too many pictures to upload individually, so here are a few slideshows instead. Enjoy!

Here you can see some of the amazing architecture at the Getty Center:



Here is some of the amazing art I saw. It's all organized at the Getty Center by genre or years, but I skipped around a bit so that's how you'll see it as well! If you click on the picture in this slide show (or hover over it) you can see the title, artist and year.



Here are my pictures of the garden, and also of some of the interesting people I found. I really love people watching, and so often snap pictures of the scenery I'm enjoying. I'd like to start taking more pictures of people I see (to go along with the stories I make up about them! Hee, hee!!)



I ended the day by heading over to Santa Monica to the Third Street Promenade for some more people watching. I found many musicians (including a great violinist), a movie being filmed (I didn't recognize any stars, however), and the biggest dog I've ever seen (my asking to take his picture led to the whole street doing the same thing!) who was in the same family as one of the smallest dogs around! After Santa Monica, I went to Manhattan Beach to watch the sunset. I ended up finally parking somewhere between Manhattan and Hermosa Beaches, and had a great time praising God with my singing when no one else was around. I realized I missed you so I wanted to let you know!



That was our fun day in LA, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

You found that photo I liked, "Houses at Bougivae" by Camille Pissarro-1870! Thanks for posting it! I have enjoyed the Paul Getty museum with my girl cousins in the past. The art, buildings, gardens, and view are amazing! Glad you could enjoy it too. I always love the ocean photos and sunsets. Majestic art created by God! Blessings to you.