Monday, July 28, 2008

Being Bold

I've decided to be bold and put a copy of my support letter for my Africa mission trip here on my blog. THANK YOU for being willing to pray for me as I'm preparing for the trip, and THANK YOU to those of you who are able to help financially! I know that not everyone can give financially, but I wanted to open the doors if you're able. The first 50% of the funds are due August 6th, and the second half is due October 6th. It is such a blessing to know that people are encouraging me as I step out in faith with this amazing adventure.


Dear Friend,

As you know, Africa is a place that is near and dear to my heart! Since I grew up hearing stories of Africa every day from my missionary-kid mom, I am very passionate about the people of Africa. I have often wondered how God would use this passion in my life!

I am writing to let you know about an exciting opportunity I have to be part of a short-term mission team going to Cameroon on November 6, 2008. Our team will be led by e3 Partners Ministry. Together we will take the Good News of the Gospel to the people of Garoua, Cameroon!

Our team will partner with the national Lutheran Brethren churches and believers to target areas that are unreached with the Gospel. Each day I will team up with several national believers, including a translator, and go home to home sharing Christ with those we meet. The nationals we work with are committed to following up with the people who make professions of faith throughout the week. They are further committed to establishing new churches in these areas!

As I’ve been getting to live this great life as a traveling nurse (you can read more about it on my blog: www.karijoy514.blogspot.com), and not really part of a permanent home church right now, I’ve also been praying about how God might use me in ministry. I’ve been thinking of the verses found in I John 3:16-18 that say “We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.” (NLT).

I would like to ask you to prayerfully consider partnering with me on this mission trip. I believe God is calling me to go, and I would love to have you involved in sending me. Would you consider this? First you can commit to pray for me, both now while I’m preparing to leave, and also during each day of the trip. Second, you can give financially to help cover some of the expenses. The total cost is $3,890. The first installment of the funds will be due by August 6th, 2008.

If you would like to be a part of my sending team, please make your check payable to "e3 Partners Ministry" with my name in the memo line and use the enclosed envelope to mail your contribution*. Your gift will be placed in an account under my name. You can also make payments online at www.e3partners.org. All gifts are tax deductible, and e3 Partners will send you a receipt.

Thank you in advance for your prayerful consideration of this request! I look forward to seeing how the Lord will move as I take this step of faith. Your prayer and financial support are a blessing to me, as well as to many who will have an opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel as a result of your sending me.

In Christ,

Kari Swanson, Campaign Code: CM08A


*e3 Partners address:
e3 Partners
Attn: Finance Department
(Kari Swanson, CM08A)
600 Development Drive, Suite 120
Plano, TX 75074

No comments: