Sunday, May 4, 2008

Julie

So I'm at work, and listened to my cell phone messages on my dinner break. It turns out Julie was taken to the ER for severe abdominal pain and vomiting.

I waited to call and find out more until I knew someone was awake, and it turns out that I could've called earlier since Mom and David have been up all night at the hospital with her.

She just got out of surgery for an appendectomy! I guess the doctor just came and talked with them saying that everything went well, but let's all pray for a quick recovery for her. She has an active one-year old that will want to be held! I guess when my dad brought him to the hospital this morning, he really didn't like seeing Julie in a hospital bed.

I wish I was home! My permanent job was on a Surgical and Pediatrics unit, and that's still where my heart is. I've cared for hundreds of appendectomy patients. I could help nurse her back to health! I guess telephone-nursing will have to do for now...

Thanks for praying!

5 comments:

Jamie and Krista said...

Oh my gosh Kari! I will be praying for Julie!

doug&margarethe said...

It was quite the night..Julie being in great abdominal pain which came on her while she was working at the Event Center serving for a wedding reception. We spent all night in the ER with no sleep! Finally got seen after midnight, got IV, Pain med, blood draws, CAT scan which revealed appendicitis. Then that hospital OR was booked up so off in an ambulance ride at 5:15am to FV Southdale hospital where she had surgery about 7:15am and was back in her bed by 10am! Was surprised how busy the hospital was! Now it is the recovery. We covet prayers for quick healing, understanding work bosses,etc. She was up walking tonight with care and HOPEFULLY well enough to go home late pm Monday or tuesday. She'll be off work for 7-14 days....Glad we were close enough to help them out! Thanks for all the concern and prayers. It is difficult for a young Mom to be sick!

Anonymous said...

You mentioned that "Mom and David were up all night at the hospital" with Julie. Where was I? I stayed overnight with little David at his house. And I would like to state that with little David's mother, father and grandmother always close by, I have managed to avoid changing any diapers for the past 14 months. But now I can say I changed little David twice in the past 24 hours. I can hear Kari saying "Way to go, Dad".

Jim and Marilyn said...

Get well soon, Julie. and "Way to go Doug!" We are very proud of you!

Kari, RN said...

Way to go, Dad!! I'm impressed!

First, I'm in no way surprised that you stayed with little David because I know you'd do anything needed for your family. But, I'm impressed that you changed a couple of diapers, that you must've gotten David to sleep just fine, and I'm impressed that you finally wrote your first comment on my blog, which I know you check faithfully! :)