Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lindy!

Tonight Jill and I got to hang out with the Schubrings! I was so glad she could meet this wonderful family and that I could see them again!

Lindy and I share a birthday, so we had a fun dinner and a GREAT chocolate cake that Dori made. We had candles to blow out and gifts to open!





Dori is such a thoughtful gift-giver, and she found this great cookbook that includes one recipe from each of the 50 states. I wonder how many states I'll hit before I'm done being a traveling nurse? The recipes look great, so I'm excited to try them! She knows how much I love to cook, so it'll be a fun present to try out!


It's been fun to get to know Niall a bit more!


He's a hoot, with a really great personality! He keeps us all laughing!


Lindy made her mom this great picture for Mother's Day. I think it deserves to be framed!


Have a WONDERFUL birthday tomorrow, Lindy! I feel so honored to share the day with you, and am so excited that we got to celebrate together this evening! I can't wait to see all the great things God does in your life! May God richly bless this next year for you!

10 comments:

Henrik and Carrie said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on your decision to go to California!! Give me a call when you aren't too busy and we can catch up on all the details!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kari! I've really enjoyed traveling with you. Houston has lots of hospitals if you are ready to see some more of Texas. Joan Bonneau

Candis Berge said...

Happy Birthday dear Kari Joy!

You look great.

doug&margarethe said...

Looks like you had a fun time last evening. Happy birthday to Lindy too. From photos N reminds me of C. because when we visited C was about that same age! Am sure you had a great day today in the Grand Canyon and Sedona..waiting to see your photos!!! Love, Mom

Stacy said...

Hi Kari,

We Miss You (LaVonne and Sue A. agree, they're sitting next to me right now :) anyway, you now have a new birthday mate to share your birthday with. Kari had a little girl Kayla Marie on your big day at 5:30 p.m....Hope your bday was great...can't wait to see your next post about your adventures...

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kari! Looks like a fun time with Lindy and her family. Thanks for your phone mesage. I'm excited to talk with you soon about your next step and life in general. Blessings to you my friend!

joshua, erica and brooklyn said...

Happy belated birthday Kari! I hope that you had a wonderful day!

Jeff and Missi, T, Jake, Samuel and Dan said...

I am a day late but I am still wishing you a happy birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day! I am excited for you to go to CA! Let me know if you meet any of my friends from the Calvary church in Fullerton! Tons of special people there!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Kari (and Lindy too)! I can't believe those are Lindy in the picture. She has sure grown up!
Glad you were able to spend the day with good friends.

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Happy Belated Birthday Dear Kari from the Risbrudt 5!