Thursday, December 13, 2007

Space Needle

After my time with Tara's family, I grabbed some lunch (really good clam chowder) at the museum, and then decided to wander around the Seattle Center a little. This is where the Space Needle is located, among other things. The Space Needle is a tourist attraction that hasn't really been on my radar screen, but I decided it was the right day for it.



The observation deck is 520 feet in the air, so there were some great pictures to be taken! Here are the Olympics across the Puget Sound.

This is Queen Anne Hill, that neighborhood where I've found many fun places to visit.

The bare green area in the middle is Kerry Park, that great spot I've taken lots of pictures from. It was fun to see this side of the park!

Downtown Seattle. I especially love that the American Flag is just about the tallest thing in the sky!

Ever since my trip around the peninsula, where I drove to the top and also all the way around the Olympics, I've come to see them as "my" mountains. We had such a fun week together, the mountains and I.

After my time at the top of the Space Needle, I decided to head downtown for one last visit. I leave a week from Friday, but have to work all the days from now until then (except Sunday). It was fun to wander around and soak in the sites/sounds/smells/people-watching. Seattle's been a good city to me! I am happy to report that at the end of the day, I drove right to Peet's Coffee and Tea, (without even using Garmin!) and got a wonderful Peppermint Hot Cocoa, that tasted as good as I remembered! Then I stopped by Kerry Park one more time, where the Lord and I had a good conversation together. It was peaceful, a quiet place in the midst of a busy city, and I got to thank Him for my time here and pray over the next adventure. Here's one last shot of the city at night.



Thanks, Seattle, for this fun adventure!

5 comments:

CJ Olson said...

Nice picture @ nite. Looks like fun!!

doug&margarethe said...

Seattle has given you so many fun memories of places to visit & people to see! Thank you for sharing them with the rest of us & making us also want to really see Seattle in our travels! Beautiful photos once again! You have seemed so happy doing these many things! you have inspired your Mom! Love you and anxious to have you come home again!Be safe.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. It looks likes fun. I sure miss you. We got you're Xmas card posted at work. Wishing you happy holidays.

Kari, RN said...

Which LRHC friend posted that last comment? I want you to know how much I miss you all too! In fact, just last night at work I was thinking that -again- and so it was fun to come home and find this comment! Please tell everyone hi from me!

Anonymous said...

It's been great having you here for 3 months and now we'll miss you!! I enjoy going sight-seeing too!! Drive carefully home to Minnesota. Merry Christmas!!
Love, June