Monday, November 5, 2007

Fun times with Krista!

My cousin, Krista, came to town! She's a second-cousin from Montana, and we've gotten to hang out a few times this year! She and her husband were in town for a few days, and it was SO fun to see them!

Krista came to meet me at June's while Jed went to the construction conference he was here to attend. She and I got to fulfill a 15-year dream of mine! Ever since I was in Everett/Mukilteo as a teenager, I’ve wanted to go on the Boeing Tour. As you most likely know, Boeing is the largest airplane manufacturer in the world: 80% of all airplanes are Boeing. There is a huge factory in Everett, which is actually in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest building in the world, by volume. They offer a tour and it's something I've always wanted to do. Krista was up for it as well! We got to see them working on a 777, and also the new 787 Dreamliner plane. I can't wait to fly on the new Dreamliner someday -it looks like a great plane! Very traveler-friendly. It was a great tour, and I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area. I also got to design my own plane in the attached museum, and the computer told me it was "outstanding"! Maybe I missed my calling?

After the Boeing Tour, Krista and I headed to Snohomish for lunch. It was such a cute town and there were more shops to see! She and I had a great lunch and a lot of fun wandering around the town.


After that, we went back to pick up her car, and then headed into Seattle to meet Jed. We ate a great dinner at Ivar's on Pier 54, and then wandered the boardwalk a bit before each heading back home.

Thanks, Krista and Jed, for the fun day! When should we meet up again?!

4 comments:

Krista Koljonen said...

We did have a fun day, Kari! Thanks so much. You and Garmin were a blast to hang out with. Say hi to her! One of these days, I'll have her "sister" along in my new Prius, Lord willing.

Leingang Family said...

We should take the boys to Boeing someday. I think they would really like it. Glad you had fun!

doug&margarethe said...

Looks like you had a great time with Krista! I've always wanted to take the time to go through the Boeing tour since I've driven past those huge buildings many times! Maybe sometime when Doug could join me on the tour as I know how much he would be interested in that tour! Glad you have been able to do so many fun things on your days off work! Thanks to June & Joel for all you have done for Kari while she has been near Seattle.

timmyjimi said...

So you and the Interrupter are still getting along? I went to that factory on a high school trip... must have been back in '99. Cool place.