Sunday, November 4, 2007

Deception Pass

Happy Sunday! I worked the last three nights (including a 13-hour shift last night because of Daylight Savings!) and am off tonight before working the next three, so I wanted to get back to posting about my last few days off.

After my time at Mount Rainier with Tim, and then in Marysville with friends, I got to stay with June and Joel for a few days. June and I had fun on Monday checking out the Everett Mall and then the cute town of Snohomish with all sorts of great antique shops and other specialty stores. We also picked out a pumpkin, fall squash and corn, and really good apple cider!

On Tuesday, she and I headed north of Everett to Deception Pass. It's a bridge that connects the mainland to Whidbey Island, and is quite beautiful. I had been there 10 years ago, and got some great pictures that were lost. I've always wanted to go back, and knew that I would make it a priority while I was living here. We stopped at Deception Pass State Park (in a few different places) and I got to replace those pictures I had lost long ago!

After our time there, we continued driving south on Whidbey Island, had some lunch, took the ferry back to Mukilteo, and drove around Everett a bit. I got to see some of the BEAUTIFUL homes that Joel, Nate, and Kent have built. I wish I could live in one of their homes someday! That night after dinner I looked at a couple of Joel's current project plans. He asked my advice on a few things, so we'll see if he choose to go with those suggestions or not. Amazing to think something I said might end up in someone's home someday!



Thanks, June and Joel, for taking such good care of me while I'm here, and for letting me crash at your house for a few days! I am very blessed!

1 comment:

Krista Koljonen said...

I will have to get back to Deception Pass sometime. It is so beautiful! Your pics are fantastic, Kari! Thanks for posting them.