Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tuckered Out After a Long Day

Yesterday, Saturday, was a full and fun day! I started out the day getting to see my Aunt Marilyn!! She and my mom drove up on Thursday night so Marilyn could be around for her mom's birthday celebration. They both stayed overnight at my house, then Marilyn did some stuff with other friends, and came back to us Saturday morning for a few hours before heading north to see Jared (her son, my cousin) and her other relatives and friends. It was such a short time together, but WONDERFUL to see her! We chatted non-stop! Thanks for visiting us!


Just before my mom and Marilyn left the Twin Cities to get to Fergus, Marilyn got to meet David for the first time. She did a great job of making him smile!


On Saturday, my mom headed back to the Cities just before noon. She helped me clean up all our packing mess and took some last pictures while my living room and dining room still look like this. It's already sad to see that hutch empty!



Then I had a fun lunch at Applebee's, found out the bigger items at that garage sale all sold!, hopped in the car and drove to the Cities to see my nephew (and the rest of my family!). I got to help hold David, give him a bottle and bath, and see him smile -knowing it was for real this time!


At the end of such a busy day, we were both pretty tuckered out!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

What a day! It looks like you enjoyed that last part the most! It's still weird thinking that your moving, but we're happy for you!

Maur said...

Hi Kari...thanks for visiting my site! Are you moving? Guess I haven't kept up on what is happening with you so good luck with w/ever you are doing. Your nephew is a real cutie. Trisha's baby...Lilli is going to be baptized by Ron when he comes up next week with his family. They are moving to Great Falls and we are all excited. Take care and keep in touch! Maureen

Leingang Family said...

What a fun and busy day! David is getting cuter all the time! Have fun packing. I am not that fond of packing but I love unpacking! That's the fun part!

Candis Berge said...

Oh Kari, little David is so sweet - what a darling picture of him smiling. But I really love the one of the two of you together all tuckered out. Adorable. I just knew you'd be a doting Aunt!

The Erickson Family said...

Your house is SOOO cute. I bet the new owners will love it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY today! Hope it is a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari! Happy Birthday!

Hope you had a great day today. I've been hearing and reading about what you're doing next. It sounds really exciting! It's too bad we waited this long to move up to the area. Have you heard that we're moving to Moorhead in June? Will you be gone already or will we get to see you?
Anyway, happy birthday again, and, if you'd like to check out our website, it's andyshana.bronson8.com

M and B said...

Happy belated B-day! You looking forward to moving?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari. I've seen this same site now for a few weeks so time to update girl!!! I love keeping in touch with you this way. You are an adorabel auntie and I love the one of the two of you all tuckered out! Thanks for the fun Sara had with you the other day/night. We had a great week in Minot and the wedding was a great success. We were missing Halie and her family and Jay who is in Ireland. When are you coming down here? See you at the reunion? Love, Penny