Saturday, May 5, 2007

Packing Day


My mom and I packed ALL DAY long today! We started the day with only two boxes plus my Christmas stuff packed, and we finished with 22 boxes done! Yeah!! The box pile is growing! And, my garage sale pile got a little smaller as I brought a few things over to the Sem Women garage sale at Hillcrest -they were kind enough to let me join them. But, the pile also grew again as I added stuff to it, so that's a good thing!


As some of you might know, I have a thing for dishes. I really love them! That's an understatement. I find it hard to believe that you could ever have too many, and since there are SO many different styles and patterns, the possibilities are endless! You never know when you need your good dishes, your plain dishes, your colorful dishes, your winter dishes or your summer dishes.... You might have guests drop by, or invite people over for a party, or just want a pick-me-up on a down day. As my wonderful aunts in Billings taught me, "any meal tastes better when it's eaten on special dishes". That's so true!

Well, today was a good day for packing, but also a sad day in my home. We packed up all the dishes... My two hutches are empty, and in my kitchen, I am now living with just the bare essentials that I will travel with as I go from place to place. I still have a few months before Move Day so I want to make sure I made the right decisions about my kitchen stuff. It was good to get it all packed, but now I really feel like my house looks different.

Here are before and after pictures of one of my hutches.


Now that I've finished with kitchen stuff for a while, I think I'll move on to decorating items next, which will really make the place look different! I think that will actually help motivate me some.

THANK YOU, MOM, for all your HARD work today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the dishes thing! I have at least 5 sets of dishes and I am wanting more constantly! I also know what it feels like to have a home that is half packed up, it's an odd way to live! But, it's so fun to get to the new place and see all your things come out and turn the new place into your new home! Anywho...enjoy the transition! Love in Christ, Emily Davis

Kristina said...

I completely agree with the dishes obsession! I am the same. I have 3 sets packed away in the states and 2 sets here. You are right, you can never have enough. I sure miss the ones that are packed away. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!
-Kris