Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

Fergus does an incredible job of putting up flags on holidays. In fact, I've never seen such a display anywhere else. Two weeks ago for Armed Services Day, I drove around to the different parks and took lots of pictures, knowing I probably won't live anywhere else that celebrates like this. Since I didn't get these pictures posted earlier, it seemed appropriate for Memorial Day. And, in honor of my Dad and Grandpa that served during the Vietnam War and World War II, respectively, I took pictures of the army flags as well.

If you're ever in Fergus Falls during a national holiday, be sure to drive around to all the parks and look at the beautiful display of flags!







3 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

That is one thing about FF that I really loved, too! And I also love how the display of flags grows each year. I looked forward each year to the many events when the flags were displayed in the parks and then along the streets leading up to the civic buildings. Thanks for posting pictures of beautiful FF!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy flags too!! Great job FF!!
June B.

Leingang Family said...

Oh, I really miss seeing all those flags! Thanks for sharing the pictures!