Monday, March 12, 2007

NICU Update

Well, I'm back in Fergus because I need to work in an hour. I'll get to see my perfect little nephew in two weeks, and I know he'll have changed a lot, even in that short amount of time!

Julie called while I was driving to say that his blood cultures are negative at this point. This means he probably doesn't have an infection, but just had a high temp. He wouldn't have needed the antibiotics, but they wanted to be cautious and not have to wait for the test results, and now they're committed to finishing this course, which I think ends tomorrow morning. Then I'm not sure if they keep him any longer for observation, or just send them all home!

I thought I'd add a few pictures of him from NICU, with the different monitors attached and his tiny IV in his foot!



5 comments:

Alison said...

Kari,
I am so glad that D.D. does not have an infection. I hope he continues to grow, be healthy, and gets home soon!

CJ Olson said...

Yeah for your nephew!! So glad that all is going well! Hope that he is able to get out of the NICU soon and go home with Mommy and Daddy soon!! :-)

Enjoy work!! :-)

Brooke said...

We're so glad to hear that he doesn't have any sign of an infection. What a precious picture of Julie and baby D.D. gazing at each other! I'm sure they are anxious to bring him home!

Leingang Family said...

I hope he is doing well and am glad to hear that he does not have an infection. What good news!

He really is cute!

Anonymous said...

Blessings on your head Kari Joy. This is Penny I am so very happy you are finally an auntie. I love being an auntie too. I know how hard it is to be so far away from those your nephews and nieces. Enjoy.