Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Toes and Fruit and Fireworks

This is my last night in Appleton for a few days, and I'm happy to report that everything is pretty much done for the wedding! There are just a few little notes I'd like to write to people, but all the other "stuff" is done and even packed into the car! My eyelids are ready to close, so I'm praying for a good night's sleep tonight so that I can be refreshed when we leave here in the morning.

Brent is spending the evening with some buddies, at what is my guess of a pretty tame bachelor's party! We've had his daughter, M, with us since Sunday, so tonight she and I grabbed some dinner, did some shopping and picture taking...

and got our toes looking cute for the wedding! Fergus Falls, here comes some fun feet! :)
We've had a great few days together, and it's been wonderful to have this time here in Appleton before the true busy-ness of the week starts. It's been so nice to have the projects all finished up, and M helped finish the last one! If you're at our wedding, you can thank her for the wonderful ribbon-tying she did on our programs!
Backtracking a few days, I had to work the night of July 3rd, so when I woke up on the Fourth, Brent had come over to work on a few things. We talked about eating something and settled in on an omelet and also some fruit. I tackled the omelet and asked Brent to do the fruit. When I turned around, here's what I saw!
I knew I was marrying a wonderful man, but really? This is too much. How can I be so lucky? Here's a picture of table set for that meal, and after I snapped the shot I realized I needed to dig out a couple of our red Fiestaware pieces we've started to receive, so I did just that and we've enjoyed eating on them! And they fit in so perfectly with our red dining room! More pictures to come later, once we actually have some time to unpack a few boxes...
Later on our Fourth of July celebration happened at our pastor's house with his family and a few other friends. Their son, B, hosted a magnificent fireworks show, that I've heard is an annual tradition. What fun! GREAT JOB, B!!



We trust you each had a wonderful day celebrating our country, and remembering those that have fought to keep our freedoms!

3 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Your toes look awesome! It must have been fun to have them painted that way. The breakfast looked delish! Cute eating area you have! I can't get over how much Brent's daughter looks like him! Strong genes there! :o)

Hope you have a fabulous wedding! My unsolicited "advice" would be to be present at your own wedding. :o) In the business and craziness of it all, it can fly by and you will forget things. It is ONE day, so ENJOY it fully! :o) Excited for you, girl!

Leingang Family said...

What a fun day! And she does look just like her dad! I know you will have a wonderful wedding! We will be there in thought.

Krista Koljonen said...

I give Brent an A for presentation with his fruit plate. Very well done.

Looks like a fabulous day. I am very impressed with your toes, girls. Did you get professional pedicures or did you paint them yourself?