Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sunrise

This morning I had the blessing of watching an AMAZING sunrise! I left work and as always, looked to the eastern sky to see what kind of sunrise God prepared for us. I was excited to see that it was going to be a great one!

I took the opportunity to drive a road I hadn't been on yet, but have wanted to. I went across the bridge to La Crescent, MN and drove around La Crescent until I found the "Apple Blossom Scenic Drive". I have been wanting to drive up the MN bluffs some morning to watch the sun rise over the WI bluffs and was told that this was the route to take. I wasn't disappointed!

When I left the hospital, the sky was starting to turn pink. As I was driving to the scenic drive, the sky was an amazing combination of reds and pinks, with each cloud just a little different shade than the one next to it. Once I found Apple Blossom Drive I realized that it was a little longer to the top than I realized, so by the time I got to the overlook, the colors had turned more to the oranges and yellows. Still completely worth it, don't you think?




I also love when the sun is so bright and colorful that it changes the color of an object it's reflecting onto. These trees turned a beautiful pink shade once the red sun hit them.


Like a friend reminded me, God blesses us so much each day with the beauty of His creation. Thank you, Lord!!

1 comment: