Monday, July 12, 2010

What a guy...

It was our first anniversary on Sunday, the 11th! If we are friends on Facebook, you might have seen that Brent and I went to Chicago for the weekend to celebrate. I took LOTS of pictures, so I have lots to share with you! As I'm sorting through things, however, I wanted to give you a little taste of how wonderful my husband is!

On Friday night when I got home, I found our table set, the candles already lit, and this cake sitting on the table! For our wedding, we had an appetizer and dessert buffet -which was exactly what we wanted! But, this meant we didn't have a wedding cake topper to eat on our first anniversary. I had actually set aside two each of the mini petit-fours for us to eat, but my thoughtful husband went one step beyond that, and ordered us a cake! He even picked out chocolate cake for me with chocolate filling for me (and had white frosting for him). Notice the red and yellow flowers? Look familiar?

What a guy....
Here's a side note: we have a container vegetable garden growing (successfully!) and here is our first tomato of the season. Doesn't it look yummy? We ate it during our anniversary dinner, and it was!!
My wonderful husband made my favorite meal to celebrate: steak, mashed potato's, veggies, and cake for dessert!
I'm a blessed woman!

4 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Happy 1st Anniversary! Yes, you married a great guy! Looks like a yummy meal!

Brooke said...

What a guy! Happy Anniversary!

Krista Koljonen said...

so sweet, i must say.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (a few months late!) Hope you are well.