Friday, July 9, 2010

Banana Muffins

I was going to wait with this post until a later date, but because my step-daughter asked about them, I upped the timeline. We were on the phone with her while I was making these. This is for you, Micaela!
~~~~

I really love Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I could eat them every single day.
I don't.
I could, but I don't.

My husband, on the other hand, likes banana bread.
Without chocolate chips.
Or in muffin form.

I thought I would be an extra-wonderful wife and make him banana bread, but decided that we could compromise and eat them in muffin form.
This might have been so I could add chocolate chips to half the batter.
But we're not sure about that last part.

After the muffins were made, and half of them were eaten quickly, the non-chocolate-chip
half sat on the counter for a while.
One of us doesn't eat banana muffins as fast as the other of us does.

One of us decided to save part of his half, and thought about the very useful Food Saver we bought with wedding gift cards.


It turns out that banana muffins have air in them.
They get a little compacted in the Food Saver.


The lesson here is that banana muffins should be eaten quickly.
And they should probably have chocolate chips in them.

5 comments:

Lindsay Gietzen said...

Haha- funny post. Has Brent ever TRIED chocolate chips in the banana bread/muffins? Because I too was an "anti-chipper" until Sam forced me to try it- and then I was addicted! :) Thanks for posting!

Jim and Marilyn said...

this is just too cute! Live and learn, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!!

Danny and Mandy said...

Thanks for the post! You motivated me and Zeke just got done eating TWO chocolate chip banana muffins. He is happy and very messy!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!! <3 Next time I come over can we try vacuum sealing pumpkin chocolate chip muffins? ;P

<3 Micaela