Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Year!

Happy Anniversary to us! Brent and I have now been married for one whole year. Can you believe it? We're in Chicago while you read this, celebrating our first anniversary, but I got this post ready and set it to publish on the right day.

My cousin, Tim, is talented with a video camera and editing tools. He put together our wedding video, and we're so thankful for that! He made one video of all the "getting ready" stuff, which is what you'll see here. There are clips of us arriving to the church, getting ready, seeing one another for the first time that day, taking pictures, hanging out with friends. Just ignore the giddy girl with the strange head-bob. I'm not quite sure who she is!

Andrews Wedding Intro from timmyjimi on Vimeo.



We're not going to post a link for our actual wedding video, since it's pretty long from the start of walking down the aisle, to the AMAZING singing, to the praise and worship time and the message and the vows and the rings. You get it. If you ever want to see it, come visit, and we'll happily show you anytime! Well, I will. Brent might find something else to do since I think if you're a guy you can only watch a wedding video, even if it's your own, so many times.

The following is a video that's mostly of our reception. You'll see a few people talk to the camera. It starts with my cousin, Kristen and husband, Josh. They got married less than three months after us so you might remember my post about their amazing outdoor wedding. You'll also see my aunt and uncle, my dad, and then glimpses of many others. Maybe you? What I hope you can see from the video is just how much fun we were all having. We wanted our reception to feel like "game night at Kari and Brent's" (you know, in the middle of the afternoon) so we had actual games available to play, a wide variety of our favorite foods in the appetizer and dessert categories (can you guess which one of us favors which option?), and freedom to mingle all around the room. We specifically didn't want people to feel stuck in one chair the whole time, that if they had people to visit with, they could do that. That's what Brent and I did! My only regret is that as the bride, when I wanted to walk somewhere specific to talk with someone, I was usually stopped along the way. There were a few people I was really trying to reach across the room to spend some time with, and just wasn't able to. I guess sometimes it's okay to wear a normal dress and fit into the crowd. That time isn't on your wedding day! Anyway, enjoy the video!

Andrews Reception from timmyjimi on Vimeo.



Didn't Tim do a great job?! You can check out more of his talent by clicking on his blog link on the side.

We really had such a fun day, with absolutely everything turning out just how we wanted it to. If there were any issues or problems on that day, I never once knew about it (a great plug for having an INCREDIBLE wedding coordinator!). We laughed and cried (the good tears) and had fun and relaxed and I love being able to say that I remember so much about the day. It was just perfect!

Happy Anniversary, Brent! I'm excited to have at least 60 more of them with you!

3 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Happy Anniversary Kari and Brent1 Yes, it was a most wonderful and memorable day. We love and wish God's best for many, many years to come. We are excited to see you soon!

doug&margarethe said...

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary Kari and Brent! While on vacation we looked at your wedding video so was fun to see these clips once again. Trust you had a fun anniversary weekend. Many many more years of wedded bliss with much joy and happiness. God's blessings. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love love these videos... it was such a perfect day:) Happy Anniversary Sweet Friend! Lots of love!!