Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad!

On Saturday, January 24th, my dad turned 60! It's hard to believe he's that OLD, since he still seems so young! :)

Brent and I went back to MN to help my mom throw a little party for him. They had quite a few of their friends from church over, and it was fun to see my dad enjoy himself so much!

Here's a picture of the yummy cake, with delicious frosting. We decided not to burn down the house with 60 candles, and stuck to just one big one instead!

I think he liked it!

Enjoying his grandson. By the way, it was fun to see the way David jumped into my Dad's arms when he and his parents arrived at the house. He sure loves his grandpa!

Part of the group of good friends from my parent's church.


Most everyone else.

Brent and I gave my dad a good laugh that night! We decided that since I was now officially a Wisconsinite, we should help him feel a little more at home when he comes to visit. So, we got him a Packers t-shirt! (don't worry, I haven't turned my loyalties yet, I don't own any Packers gear yet...)

My dad really laughed, and he knew instantly who it was from! He got a lot of advice about wearing it, such as inside out while he's working in the garage, under a sweatshirt when he's shoveling, etc...

David helped him open some of the cards, and loved the one with the blinking lights, and the other one with music playing!

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!! We're so glad we could spend the day with you, enjoy the company of friends, and have a few good laughs!

4 comments:

Krista Koljonen said...

I didn't realize that your father shares a birthday with my brother, David. Neat-o.

Looked like a fun party. I enjoy humorous gifts, so way to go, Kari and Brent. Your dad's a good sport.

Stacy said...

Hmmmmm Kari...it seem's to me you already are a packer fan b/c I seem to remember taking a trip to the big green and gold Lambeau Field with you! Do I need to repost pictures of this event to remind you! LOL! You know you are a packer fan at heart!

Hehe...just had to tease you a little bit, my fellow Wisconsinite!

Jim and Marilyn said...

thanks for posting! looks like it was a great day of celebration with lots of good friends. wish we could have joined you all! Happy Birthday Doug! Remember, the celebration goes on all year long...

Leingang Family said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!

And, by the way, you should turn from the Dark Side and become a Packers fan! LOL