Thursday, February 19, 2009

Appleton Snowfall

The other night at work, I was able to watch a beautiful snowfall! In the morning, I headed out to see some sights, and was so thankful I had my camera with me! It turns out that one blessing of Appleton is that it generally has a more mild winter than Fergus Falls. I'm sure there will be years that's not the case, but I found out the average temperature is higher and the snowfall lower (and that makes for a better winter for me!).

I loved the way that the snow was glistening in the sun, but that feature disappeared by the time I was done with my shift. Check out what I did see, though!







I love this one:




I feel like they look like black and white pictures, but the flag in this picture shows they weren't!


There are lots of great tree-lined streets in Appleton, which is a huge plus for me.

5 comments:

Krista Koljonen said...

Pretty pics, Kari. We had a similar day in Great Falls last week, but I forgot my camera at home. There was also a white frost everywhere. It outlined the trees and fences beautifully.

So glad you remembered yours.

Susan said...

I do love the snow pictures, if you can't tell from my blog also. What a beautiful site, the quiet streets and the new snow. Thanks for sharing.

Candis Berge said...

I am always taking snow/winter pictures around here. Way more then necessary... but each time it snows, it is hard to not want to capture the beauty one more time, right? Great pictures, Kari.

Nice to see you remembered us blog readers too.... :)

Leingang Family said...

I love snow pictures! I do miss the snow in winter... Crazy, huh? LOL

Anonymous said...

Are you still engaged? You promised pictures a couple months ago & still nothing. We are concerned.

Jenny