Sunday, January 13, 2008

First Step!

It's official, David took his first step today! I'm in the Twin Cities for the weekend and was around to witness it! Well, not the first one, but something like the 5th or 6th... He's mostly taking one step at a time, but every once in a while had two or three in a row. Then, he'll lose his balance, drop to the ground, and get where he needs to go by crawling instead. I didn't get a video yet, because it never lasted too long, and I was too busy clapping for him! I'm guessing in another two weeks when I'm home again, he'll have a lot more confidence in it! By the way, for all you Twin Cities residents, I'll plan on being home every other weekend (from this weekend) until the end of my contract in La Crosse... just in case there are any fun get-togethers coming up!!

Here are some of the fun pictures from tonight.

Standing up any chance he has.




A red cheek is his sign of teething.


Playing with my slipper (which really started to tickle!).


Buddies for life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable. So are you. Miss you all. Love, Penny

Candis Berge said...

Great pictures, Auntie Kari, of D.

also, love seeing your new digs.

Ekelund Fam said...

Yay David! Welcome to the world of running...your mom and auntie will be busy now!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Good timing! We know that you are loving each and every minute together with your family there. We are so glad that you can be so close by and have this wonderful time together! (Wish we could just drop by also...)