Monday, January 21, 2008

Big Snowflakes

We're expecting 6-9 inches of the white stuff today.


The view from my little deck.



I went to bed this morning with a few small snowflakes falling gently from the sky. I woke up this afternoon with the big fluffy flakes coming down heavily! I was actually going to go to Rochester tonight to meet a friend from Fergus who's now working at St. Mary's Hospital. I was really looking forward to it!

Well, it turns out that the interstate was closed here in La Crosse because of a huge pileup due to the slippery roads. Around 2pm there was one car that slid around and another 20 cars that ended up in the pileup! Wow! Fortunately the news reported only person was sent to the hospital. This all happened right at my exit, so of course I'm thankful that I wasn't right there trying to leave!

And, since dinner can be rescheduled for next week, I think I'll stay home and watch a movie until I have to work at 11pm. Cozy!

5 comments:

Leingang Family said...

That sounds so nice. Hope you enjoyed your day even if your plans didn't work out like you had hoped.

Anonymous said...

The roads on the way home tonight weren't fun...it's a good thing we rescheduled. I am looking forward to next Monday! Kristine

Kari, RN said...

I'm glad you were safe on the way home and could drive during the daylight! See you Monday, I'm looking forward to it, too!

Anonymous said...

Kari,

We were going to call you the weekend that you drove back from WA but it didn't work out. Wanted to let you know our news, in case you hadn't heard yet. Shana's pregnant! We found out today that we're having a girl. Hope that all is well for you. Check out my blog for some ultrasound pictures:
http://andybronson.com

Kari, RN said...

Andy, Congratulations! I actually just left a comment on your blog, but don't see it there. Did I post it incorrectly? Or maybe you need to approve before it's posted? Anyway, congratulations to you both, I'm so excited for you!