Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Montana!!!!

As many of you know, I LOVE MONTANA!!!! I have had the blessing of being here for the last week and a half, and have been LOVING it! It really is one of the best states, with wide open plains and prairies to incredible mountains, valleys, and rivers. My parents and I have been camping at Flathead Lake, which is 28 miles long, and just south of Glacier National Park. Glacier is called the Crown of the Continent, and I've heard it's majesty compared to Norway, but never having been to Norway, you'll have to take someone else's word on that. All I know is, IT'S INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

We left Fergus after my work shift on Sunday, the 24th of June. We camped that night in Bismarck, ND and I don't have a single picture from that experience...

We left early the next morning and finished driving across ND (running into the Foldens at a gas station in the middle of nowhere!). We then drove across eastern MT, stopped in Billings to see my mom's aunts (The Girls), and went on to stay in Butte, MT that night. It was so wonderful when we could finally see the mountains rising above the plains!



The next morning, we slept in a little, and then made our way to Flathead Lake. This has been a favorite of mine, so it was so fun to finally see the lake come into view!



After getting the camper all settled that night, we were blessed to have my cousins, Kristen and Heather Hagen, join us from Idaho, with their parents arriving a little later. It was so great to see them! I was able to spend less than 24 hours at their house last summer on my drive home from Seattle, but otherwise it had been since 2003. We were so thrilled that they were able to vacation with us, and had really been looking forward to our time together. Here's a picture from when they arrived, and we ended up with quite a few pictures of the three of us over the next few days!



I'm a little overwhelmed with the hundreds of pictures we have from our other days together (between mine, my mom's, Kristen's, and Heather's!) so once I figure out how I'll post a few of those, you'll get to see our amazing views!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

What amazing pictures! How great that you could spend almost 2 weeks with your family! I've never experienced the mountains of MT, so I'll probably do it with our kids! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kari, MONTANA and especilaly Glacier Park is my favorite place on God's green earth. Thank you so much for letting me come and spend time with you and your parents. We had so much fun together and I will never forget it. I have loads of happy memories. Happy travels. Love, Penny

Jim and Marilyn said...

It's so fun to see some of ;your vacation pics and also your cousins! We'll be anxiously awaiting the updates! (Happy last weeks of work...)

Anonymous said...

It was sooooo great to see you too, Kari!! I feel the same way about the pictures, but hey, we have to cram it all in when we get the chance. :)
Love you, Kristen
ps. Good luck with finishing work!

Leingang Family said...

We like Montana too, but it takes FOREVER to drive through on the way to the PNW from Fergus (or vice versa).

Glad you had a great trip! Did you get to Danny's wedding while you were there?

I wish we could have been there.
:o(

CJ Olson said...

Wow what a pretty sight! :-) Hey when will you be around ND/MN! :-) I have stuff for you!

doug&margarethe said...

The vacation was great! Thanks for coming with us..I know your parents are not as fun as the rest but we did enjoy having time with you! Montana, Glacier National Park, and time with the Hagens and the Sunwall family reunion were all so memorable. The many photos help us remember all our happy times! We were so priveleged to see God's handiwork in His amazing creations plus His handiwork in the sunsets! Love, Mom

Kristina said...

I'm a little jealous...Glacier is my favorite spot to vacation in! I'm glad you had such a great time!
-Kris