Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'm Home!

Hi everyone! I'm home again after being gone for almost two weeks. What a trip! We finally arrived at my house around 11pm tonight, after a long day of driving. All my pictures are still on my mom's computer, but I can hardly wait to post some more, so I'll be sure to do that soon.

I thought I'd just give the quick update that I'm back. I move in two weeks (July 21st) so the next two weeks will be busy with six more shifts at Lake Region and LOTS of packing! If anyone is just itching to pack a box or two, give me a call!

Regarding my move, I'm going to be putting all my stuff in storage in Minneapolis and then just using what I need for three months at a time at the apartment that my company provides. Like I said, I'll be moving on July 21st, and I really would appreciate any help on that day. I've promised my dad that he and I won't have to load the truck alone! Here's an excerpt from an email I sent out before I left for Montana: "I'd love to have people show up at 9:00am. The piano mover will be there to load the piano into the truck, and the rest of us can start bringing everything else onto the lawn to get it loaded up. Then we'll just load stuff until it's done!

A few specific things I'm hoping for is someone with great packing skills to stay in the truck and pack it tight, and for a few of the ladies to help with the last minute cleaning as each room is emptied out. In fact, I sold my vacuum cleaner at my garage sale so if anyone is able to bring theirs with, that would be great! Candis Berge has agreed to help provide lunch, and I'm hoping that someone from church might be able to borrow the big orange water coolers from church so we can keep everyone hydrated!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your help! It sure is getting hard thinking about leaving Fergus and the incredible support system around here! You have been a blessing
to me!"

Thanks to a lot of you who have responded already to my plea for help!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm glad to have you back in town. We'll have to plan a time to get together. If possible, I'd love to help you on the 21st.

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed that we missed each other! I'll call you soon! Good luck with moving... exciting adventures ahead of you:)

Kari Hantho said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great time. I was just on vacation in Norway, I can see why some may say that picture is similar to Norway. We saw many beautiful mountains in Norway and lakes and fjords. I am so glad you had a great time with your family. My vacation was spent with my family to and as my neice said it on vacation the best part of the vacation was just being together. She is five and knows this already. Love, Kari

Leingang Family said...

I wish we could be there to help you move. We have three able-bodied young men and Chris is quite the packer. It comes from all the experience.

Hope it all goes well! We will be praying for you!