Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back to the World of Blogging

So it's been pointed out to me that I haven't posted in a while, and that all of my blogs seem to consist of pictures of my nephew (love ya, Em!). Since he is the greatest little guy ever, you can see why this has happened. He's just too cute to not fall in love with!! Rumor has it he's been smiling for a little while, but to see pictures of that, you'll have to go to my parent's blog (there's a link on the right). I'll be there next weekend to see it in person! I think I saw him try to smile during my last visit, but I haven't seen a full-blown grin yet. I'm looking forward to it, and I'm guessing you'll get to see a picture or two!

As for life here in Fergus, it seems to be flying by as usual. My parent's came up this last weekend to help me start packing. They arrived on Saturday at lunch and left again Sunday afternoon. I'm able to report that we got two boxes packed! How's that for progress?!!


The good thing is, they are labeled well and I have a notebook where I'm listing the contents of each box so I'll be able to find anything as I'm living out of storage for an unknown period of time! And, if you count the container of Christmas decorations that I packed in January, that's actually three items that are all ready for storage!

We did a LOT of organizing, so the rest of the packing has to go easier, right??

The other great thing is that the garage sale pile has gotten pretty big. And, there are lots of other things around the house that are headed for that pile but just haven't yet made it there. Wouldn't it be easier if those things grew feet and made it to that pile all on their own?

If you see anything you want, like the crutches, working printer, dining room chairs, or pumpkin lantern, just let me know!

My mom will be back in a week with a surprise, and is staying with me Thursday and Friday nights to help pack some more. Then that Saturday, the 5th, we'll head to the Cities for David's baptism on the 6th. I have big goals for when my mom is here (all my china and dining room stuff), and I'm praying that our time together will really get me motivated to get packed up. I think I'll be able to get quite a bit done while she's wrapping crystal.

As far as my new job goes, I won't know anything more until June because most postings don't happen until two months before the start date. I am still hoping for a position in the Twin Cities to start with, but if there's nothing open there, then I'll head somewhere else first. I'll be sure to give updates as I get them!

Well, that's all folks! For those of you checking out this blog for the first time, see, that wasn't so hard! Now, if you want, you can click on the word "comment" just under this post and type a comment in the box. That's my favorite part of blogging! Just remember to sign your name in the box if you don't have your own account.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to get an update! We'll have to try and get together early next week if that is possible. :)Have a great day!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Happy packing and sorting. Wow, it's almost a year ago that I was doing the same thing! Uffdah!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! Your nephew is such a cutie and I can't wait to see more pictures of him! It's crazy to think you are moving! I love the garage sale pile!! We made a lot of money at our moving sale before we headed up here!! It was a really fun bonus! Hopefully your sale will go as well as ours did! Take care of yourself & can't wait to see David's smile!!! --emily davis

Leingang Family said...

Maybe you'll get to come to the NW and we can take you to Multnomah Falls!

Rachel said...

Oh, isn't packing fun?? Don't know how ya'd get 'em here, but I could use the chairs! :)

doug&margarethe said...

It was good to get the 2 boxes packed with alot of time organizing!! Still a long ways to go but in another week we will get the packed pile to grow in size. Thanks for updating your blog! "Traveling " nursing here comes Kari!!! You will do great!
Love 'ya, Mom

CJ Olson said...

We will be going down to the Cities on the 4th of May......then May 6th we will be in the cities. We are having a Rogness hang out time......talk to me!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari - Just wanted to let you know I stay tuned into your blog!
Heidi P