Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birthday Surprise!

I celebrated a birthday a couple of weeks ago. It was a great birthday! Brent had taken me out to our favorite "celebration" restaurant, The Melting Pot, for a delicious dinner. Then, he took me back to Minnesota for the weekend. I was able to celebrate with family and with friends, and had a really wonderful weekend!

As we were driving to MN, I got a call from my favorite four-year-old. He told me that there was a birthday surprise waiting for me at grandma and grandpa's house. I asked what the surprise was, but of course was told "I can't tell you, it's a thurprise!" I tried for a good 3-4 minutes to get it out of him, but he held his ground!

We got to my parent's house, and walked in and found it all decorated! It turns out he remembered how fun it was to have a birthday and wanted me to experience the same thing! Melts my heart.... :)

The table decorations all set for birthday dessert.

When I first opened the door, I could see that the hallway had a streamer, and then a bunch of posters that had my name, age, his name, etc. He had fun showing them all to me.
He also pointed out the smiley faces that he drew for me, but he couldn't really give me a good explanation on why he drew some frown faces or flat faces. He just said "cause I like them!" Weirdo :) Gotta love him!


He also decided to be goofy and would only say cheese and look at the camera when he was leaning backwards.


Uncle Brent didn't want to miss out on the fun!


Thanks for the super birthday surprise, buddy! You made my day very special, I love you!!

3 comments:

Krista Koljonen said...

Love this birthday "thurprise" story!!!

Anonymous said...

fun birthday surprise.. Happy Birthday!

t-shirts ed hardy femme said...

so nice blog,thanks