Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!! I hope that you're able to enjoy a wonderful day, and that you'll have the time to do something fun, just for you. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you in person, but know that I'm thinking about and praying for you today.

Thank you for being an amazing mom. Thanks for praying for me, teaching me about the Lord, and being the biggest example to me regarding spending time with Him faithfully. Thanks for being a wonderful wife, mom, grandma (I know -your favorite role!), sister, sister-in-law, aunt and friend. You have made an impact on many people and we'll be thinking about YOU today!

Here's a little preview of the next post I'm working on, when my mom and I took David to an apple orchard last week. There's a big one that I pass every time I head to my parents, so I asked if we could make plans to check it out. I'm so glad that it worked, and it really was a perfect day!

This is one of my favorite pictures of the day: I love watching my mom love watching David enjoy or learn about new things. She's a wonderfully loving grandma!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

A very Happy Birthday Margarethe! What a lovely tribute to your mom, Kari! That is so well stated.

doug&margarethe said...

Thanks Kari. Love you.